Oct 10, 2013Kumobius
- Ball and paddle
DescriptionDuet is a hypnotic new "hex-like" mobile action game with a mesmerizingly beautiful soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel.
Elegant and minimal, Duet asks players simply to navigate two orbiting spheres past an increasingly complex maze of falling obstacles. As the difficulty increases, the tension mounts, and a peculiar narrative unfolds.
Tim Shiel is a composer/producer based in Melbourne. Tim is known to some as Faux Pas, the moniker under which he released a steady stream of constantly shifting electronic music for many years. He is also known for his work as a broadcaster at Melbourne independent radio station 3RRR FM, and for his recent role as multi-instrumentalist in Gotye's live band. His passion for gaming and his fluid approach to composing have led him to team up with local game development studio Kumobius, to provide the soundtrack and in-game sound design for their minimalist new mobile game, Duet.
HistoryAfter releasing the final version of Bean's Quest to iOS and Android in 2012, Kumobius began prototyping new ideas. One of them being Duet -- originally a game about two astronauts lost in space. However, the first version felt, admittedly, too close to Super Hexagon and the team put Duet on the backburner after coming up with Time Surfer. With Time Surfer released in 2013, Kumobius dusted off Duet and began experimenting with new features and polishing the game in a new direction.
- Over 50 challenging stages across 9 chapters full of elegant obstacles and features to keep you on the edge of your seat.
- An outstanding soundtrack by Tim Shiel, his debut to the video game world.
- Simple two touch control – left or right thumb to spin.
- Entrancing visuals fit the mood and audio of the game perfectly.
- Unlock an endless Survival mode for high score delight.
- Strange and wonderful narrative that will keep you guessing.
- Every mistake leaves a mark; you will paint the walls with your failures.