Sep 4, 2014Loveshack
DescriptionFRAMED is an award winning, narrative-based puzzle game where you re-arrange panels of a comic book to change the order of events, and change the outcome of the story.
HistoryFRAMED began as a thought experiment. Rather than play with a set of actions like you normally would in a game (run, jump, shoot), he asked: what would happen if you played with the *context* an action happened in instead? FRAMED emerged out of this idea. Fast-forward two years and more than a dozen awards later, and FRAMED is set to apply that same design of 'Change the order, Change the outcome' to the overall narrative; resulting in a context-sensitive narrative where every action is framed by the last.
- Innovative narrative-puzzle game that uses panels as a mechanic to weave together new narratives.
- Unique, hand drawn aesthetic with silhouetted characters.
- Fully-scored game, with live jazz.
- Extremely simple mechanic of swapping panels.
- Focus on context to alter the meaning of the narrative.